Connect your Geeni Device to Amazon Alexa
Make sure your devices are set up in the Geeni before proceeding.
Step 1: Open the Alexa app and click the 3 lines button in the upper left corner.
Step 2: Tap on "Skills"
Step 3: Search for "Geeni".
Step 4: Tap on the Geeni icon.
Step 5: Tap "Enable".
Step 6: Sign into your Geeni account.
Step 7: From the Smart Home menu, select "Devices" and then tap on the "Discover Devices" button.
- You can rename your devices in the Geeni app & Alexa will refer to them by the same name.
- You can create Alexa groups like "Bedroom" or "Downstairs" within the Amazon Alexa app.
Note: When connecting the smart surge protector, Alexa will only recognize devices after you have renamed each device in the Geeni app from "Socket #" to a custom name.
Things you can say:
- “Alexa, discover my devices.”
- “Alexa, turn on the bedroom light.”
- “Alexa, set the bedroom light to orange.”
- “Alexa, turn off the coffee machine.”
- “Alexa, set the living room to 50%.”
- “Alexa, Dim porch light.”